Monday, March 8, 2010

Dombay for tourists

Are you tourist? Do you like "extremal tourizm"? I am and I do.

I think Dombay is the most difficult place for flying on hg in Russia... and one of the most beautiful. It looks like kidding, but you can fly there only if you`re not bad pilot and sportsman. Hard take off from ~3000 asl with tail wind and deep snow, rough air, difficult small landings (usualy back to take off on/in the ridge or onto the very narrow river in walley) , cold (usually -15/-20 in the air in March) - it`s not conditions for "freeflyers", but...

left-front side


right side

full panorama 270 degree`s

The good idea is to fly there only in "winter season". February, March, April. More smooth air and more stable weather during the day.

I`m going to be there since 10/03 till 20/03.

The weather forecast for this period doesn`t look very good. So, I`ll take with me the Target-16 and my board - the usual equipment of tourists and freeflyers.

If I have non-flyeble conditions I will use my snowboard. And...there will be many friends which I want to meet.

If I have conditions, I will try to finish one small 3861 asl task from 2001 year...

4 comments:

  1. эээ...фотки нэ мои
    но мои тоже будут, если с погодой повезет
    Casio Exlim + Hero GoPro
    туризм по полной

    ReplyDelete
  2. Да ты оказывается экстремальный турыст...а я с тобой дружбу вожу:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. О нет! Он узнал СТРАШНУЮ тайну о моей ориентации...

    ReplyDelete